After a great response, this position has now been filled. Thanks for your interest!
Late last year we secured angel investment for an exciting new kind of mobile giving app. Called altruly, we’re looking to reimagine how people give, manage and monitor their personal giving portfolios. App development started last month and we’re looking at early summer onwards for an official launch. There’s a holding page up on the altruly website, but we’re holding back on releasing more information until nearer the time.
As part of our preparations for the earlier Beta release, we’re looking for some help building a database of projects and causes people will be able to support through the app. The online data entry side of things has already been built, and is good to go and easy to navigate and use.
We need someone part-time for three months, starting any time between the middle and the end of May, to help find and enter projects into the database. You’ll get guidance and support with this – we want to be strategic about who and what is made available to users early on. And we’ll be looking to meet up regularly over coffee to share ideas and discuss progress.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is interested in social innovation and helping drive social change
- Can use a web browser, can type accurately, and is comfortable using a computer
- Has access to the Internet, or who can get somewhere with access
- Is enthusiastic, reliable, ideally looking to forge a future career in the social sector
- Is available to start within the next couple of weeks or so
- Can commit to 15 hours per week throughout June, July and August
- Is happy to work remotely most of the time
- Is happy to work under a short-term contract, billing us monthly for their time
- Ideally lives in Cambridge or London (or near by) for ease of regular meetings
This work would suit a student looking to keep busy over the bulk of the summer, but also keep some free time for other activities and interests. Hourly pay will be determined by experience, but in any event will be well above the minimum wage.
If you’d like to apply we’re looking to keep the process as short and sweet as possible:
- Applications will be through our contact form, so no attachments or lengthy letters
- In a couple of paragraphs, tell us about you and why you’re applying for this role
- If you use Twitter or other social media, feel free to share the details
- Feel free to ask any questions, which we’d be happy to answer via email
- Before you sign off, confirm when you’re available and where you live
This position will remain open until we find the right applicant. Good luck!